Author Topic: Mafia #3  (Read 17532 times)

undefinedx

• Global Moderator
  • Beyond Godlike
  • top with blackthumb
  • Awards Owner
    • View Profile
    • DotA [void]
    • Awards
  • Verified Accounts:
    undefinedx
Mafia #3
« on: June 10, 2012, 03:34:09 PM »
Alright you asked for it, so here's the third iteration of DV mafia!

Roles
The roles are the same as Mafia #2:
Villagers:
Mafia:

Rules
Here's how to play:
If you don't know how to play, here's the general idea:
  • There are two forces - Villagers and Mafia. The Villagers don't know who the Mafia is; to win the game, the Villagers must find out who is in the Mafia. The Mafia knows the memberlist; to win the game, the Mafia must outnumber (by killing) the Villagers.
  • There are two phases - Day and Night. During the Day, Villagers (including Mafia who masquerade as ordinary Villagers) publicly discuss (here on this thread) who they think the Mafia members are. During the Day phase, everyone gets to cast 1 vote for a person who (supposedly as a member of the Mafia) gets eliminated. During the Night, the Mafia vote (without the knowledge of the other Villagers) on a single Villager to execute.
  • It's a mind game. You (as either a Mafia member or a Villager) must determine and convince your team who the enemy is. Can you figure the enemy out? Can you conceal your identity?

Here are the rules:
  • You can tell anyone your alliance (Mafia or Villager)
  • You can forward/quote any and all PMs
  • You can reveal the identity of your teammates
  • You can discuss the game on any other channel (AIM, email, snail mail, etc.)
  • You can AFK for long periods of time (minutes, months, millenia)
So basically, you can do anything. You can be honest, you can cheat, you can tattle, you can forge evidence, you can do anything to make anyone else believe you. But will anyone believe you? And will you believe anyone else? Remember, it's all about getting in the other person's head.

If you have more questions, feel free to ask. Day and Night cycles will run automatically. If no votes are collected, then no one dies during that phase. Not everyone has to vote - the majority vote will still be used. You can safely AFK, and the game will continue on without your votes/input. Just be warned that you may be dead when you come back!

You can sign up now by sending a PM to VoidBot!  Make sure the subject and message are exactly as below:
Subject: Mafia #3

There needs to be at least 6 players for the game to be any fun, so join!
[spoiler]
T25seSB0aGUgc3Ryb25nZXN0IHdpbGwgc3Vydml2ZQ0KTGVhZCBtZSB0byBoZWF2ZW4gd2hlbiB3ZSBkaWUNCkkgYW0gdGhlIHNoYWRvdyBvbiB0aGUgd2FsbA0KSSdsbCBiZSB0aGUgb25lIHRvIHNhdmUgdXMgYWxs
[/spoiler]

lancer611

Re: Mafia #3
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 03:35:10 PM »
w00t, hope I'm a cop =P

HamNCheese

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 04:43:09 PM »
Alright you asked for it, so here's the third iteration of DV mafia!

Roles
The roles are the same as Mafia #2:
Villagers:
Mafia:

Rules
Here's how to play:
If you don't know how to play, here's the general idea:
  • There are two forces - Villagers and Mafia. The Villagers don't know who the Mafia is; to win the game, the Villagers must find out who is in the Mafia. The Mafia knows the memberlist; to win the game, the Mafia must outnumber (by killing) the Villagers.
  • There are two phases - Day and Night. During the Day, Villagers (including Mafia who masquerade as ordinary Villagers) publicly discuss (here on this thread) who they think the Mafia members are. During the Day phase, everyone gets to cast 1 vote for a person who (supposedly as a member of the Mafia) gets eliminated. During the Night, the Mafia vote (without the knowledge of the other Villagers) on a single Villager to execute.
  • It's a mind game. You (as either a Mafia member or a Villager) must determine and convince your team who the enemy is. Can you figure the enemy out? Can you conceal your identity?

Here are the rules:
  • You can tell anyone your alliance (Mafia or Villager)
  • You can forward/quote any and all PMs
  • You can reveal the identity of your teammates
  • You can discuss the game on any other channel (AIM, email, snail mail, etc.)
  • You can AFK for long periods of time (minutes, months, millenia)
So basically, you can do anything. You can be honest, you can cheat, you can tattle, you can forge evidence, you can do anything to make anyone else believe you. But will anyone believe you? And will you believe anyone else? Remember, it's all about getting in the other person's head.

If you have more questions, feel free to ask. Day and Night cycles will run automatically. If no votes are collected, then no one dies during that phase. Not everyone has to vote - the majority vote will still be used. You can safely AFK, and the game will continue on without your votes/input. Just be warned that you may be dead when you come back!

You can sign up now by sending a PM to VoidBot!  Make sure the subject and message are exactly as below:
Subject: Mafia #3

There needs to be at least 6 players for the game to be any fun, so join!

all i have to do is /w VoidBot Subject: Mafia #3

undefinedx

• Global Moderator
  • Beyond Godlike
  • top with blackthumb
  • Awards Owner
    • View Profile
    • DotA [void]
    • Awards
  • Verified Accounts:
    undefinedx
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 05:32:55 PM »
No, this is all on the forum. You have to send a PM to the user named VoidBot.

Try this link: http://www.dota-void.com/forum/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=2264

Make the subject say: Mafia #3
Make the message say: SignUp
[spoiler]
T25seSB0aGUgc3Ryb25nZXN0IHdpbGwgc3Vydml2ZQ0KTGVhZCBtZSB0byBoZWF2ZW4gd2hlbiB3ZSBkaWUNCkkgYW0gdGhlIHNoYWRvdyBvbiB0aGUgd2FsbA0KSSdsbCBiZSB0aGUgb25lIHRvIHNhdmUgdXMgYWxs
[/spoiler]

Monsters

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 06:20:01 PM »
Cool Another Mafia in in.

DotA [void] Forums

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 06:20:01 PM »

undefinedx

• Global Moderator
  • Beyond Godlike
  • top with blackthumb
  • Awards Owner
    • View Profile
    • DotA [void]
    • Awards
  • Verified Accounts:
    undefinedx
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 12:41:32 PM »
Alright we have reached the minimum number of players, so the game will being at 8pm tonight.  But anyone can still sign up until then!
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

undefinedx

• Global Moderator
  • Beyond Godlike
  • top with blackthumb
  • Awards Owner
    • View Profile
    • DotA [void]
    • Awards
  • Verified Accounts:
    undefinedx
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 08:33:28 PM »
Oops, I typo'd the thread ID for VoidBot to use!
The game has started, and here's the right info in the right place:
As darkness covers the land, the village people wonder who the Mafia could be. Rumors say that the Mafia live among the people, secretly watching every move. Only assembling in the dead of the night, the Mafia select a single villager to kill. In return, each day at high noon, the villagers hold a public meeting where they decide to put to death one villager who is suspected of being a member of the Mafia. As the sun goes down tonight, every villager has the sickening feeling that he will not wake up in the morning.

You will decide who lives and who dies. Each one of you will receive a PM from me giving your alliance (villager or mafia). From this point on, trust no one.

Good luck!

List of VillagersThere are 2 members in the mafia!
Shrowded in darkness, the Mafia assemble at the secret meeting place. Who will be next?

Only time will tell...

Villagers state ur roles ( is this the right place to play?)
Is it 2 hears 1 villager 1 cop and 2 maffia?

I am a healer. Don't kill me.

Just like to remind everyone, quoting your PM is not evidence because if you remember I made a fake one that looked like a real one.

Sorry for the mix-up!  VoidBot should be posting in this thread from now on...
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

lancer611

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 09:43:03 PM »
Whale, if you really are a healer, you shouldn't say so because the mafia would just vote you out tonight.  Best for the villagers not to say what roles we are until day time.

Monsters

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 10:11:37 PM »
Ha whale this again?????? im the healer fool i know ur mafia.
Second time ur posing as my role i see.

undefinedx

• Global Moderator
  • Beyond Godlike
  • top with blackthumb
  • Awards Owner
    • View Profile
    • DotA [void]
    • Awards
  • Verified Accounts:
    undefinedx
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2012, 10:42:33 PM »
I'm a plain villager, no abilities. So don't kill me mafia!

The roles are: 2 healers, 1 cop, 1 framer. (1 plain villager without a role, 1 plain mafia without a role).
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Monsters

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2012, 10:46:12 PM »
I'm a plain villager, no abilities. So don't kill me mafia!

The roles are: 2 healers, 1 cop, 1 framer. (1 plain villager without a role, 1 plain mafia without a role).

well i still dnt believe whale =D

WhaleHunter

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2012, 05:40:40 AM »
Dont let last game cloud your judgement.
"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved."

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

HamNCheese

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2012, 07:24:48 AM »
i am the popo o.o

VoidBot

• Forum Bots
  • Beyond Godlike
  • I'm the forum bot.
    • View Profile
    • VoidBot
    • Awards
Day
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2012, 08:05:03 AM »
The bright yellow sun rises over the distant east horizon, and the villagers awake to a bright new day one by one. Except for one, that is. Poor WhaleHunter was killed in the night by the mafia! The villagers are outraged! Who could have commited this terrible crime?

The mafia must be stopped at all costs. At today's village meeting, you will be the judge. As your fellow villagers make accusations and defenses, you must decide who will take the punishment for being involved in the mafia. Cast your vote at any time by replying to the PM that was just sent to each of you.

List of VillagersThere are 2 members in the mafia!

Good Luck.
Let the living beware. Forum bot?

WhaleHunter

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2012, 08:12:11 AM »
Healed myself but it failed  :-\
"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved."

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

DotA [void] Forums

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2012, 08:12:11 AM »